- Play one piece from your book every time you practice and remember in the exam you will only have 30 seconds preparation time. Although it is good to time yourself to be ready for the exam, it is also good to give yourself more time and more goes to achieve accuracy.
- Make sure you use your checklist to prepare as well as you can - there's some great sight reading advice on this teachers website: Brethstudio
- Your checklist should include: Rhythm/Speed; Key Signature; Melody shape and patterns; Odd things like accidentals or large leaps; Dynamics
- Make sure you play these slowly or at a speed you know you play all the rhythm correctly and keep going. Count yourself in to make sure everything is under control at the start.
- Try using an app like the ABRSM Sight-Reading Trainer