- Play one piece from the specimen test book every time you practice and remember you will only have 30 seconds preparation time.
- Make sure you use your checklist to prepare as well as you can - there's some great sight reading advice on this teachers website: Brethstudio
- Your checklist should include: Rhythm/Speed; Key Signature; Melody shape and patterns; Odd things like accidentals or large leaps; Dynamics
- Make sure you play these slowly or at a speed you know you play all the rhythm correctly and keep going. Count yourself in to make sure everything is under control at the start.
- If you have an ipad, then an excellent sight-reading app is available for your grade - SightRead4Piano by Wessar.